These 5 Ingredient Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies are everything the name promises and more…dipped in chocolate, a combination of sweet and savory, SUPER easy to make, only 5 Ingredients, making them perfect for this weeks’ Five Ingredient Friday!
It’s almost embarrassing how easy these cookies are to make, you combine 4 of the ingredients to make the cookie dough in one bowl, get out some aggression by crushing some pretzels, bake the cookies, dip them in some chocolate and to be extra fancy, sprinkle some pretzel bits on the top, and voila, you have yourself some absolutely delicious cookies!
For these cookies I used the last of my Easter candy in the form of melting a sacrificial milk chocolate bunny…dark chocolate would also be great with these cookies…and lets be real, is there anyone who doesn’t like the Peanut Butter-Chocolate combination?
I maybe had more than one, OK, OK, who am I kidding? I maybe had more than two….all in the name of recipe testing, right? Hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I did!
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Pretzels 1/2 Cup for cookie dough, 1/2 cup for topping, crushed
- 1 Egg
- 3.5-4 oz Milk chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 350, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine peanut butter, sugar, egg, and 1/2 a cup of crushed pretzels (I crush my pretzels by putting them in a zip lock bag and then putting the bag on a cutting board and then smash the top of the bag with a can or bottom of a coffee mug). Stir until everything is combined...you'll need to put some muscle into it, or you can always use your hand.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop uniform dough balls and place on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart (they will expand) and with a fork make a crisscross pattern. Bake for 6-8 minutes until the cookies are slightly brown...they can over bake quickly, so make sure to remove them from the oven in time. Cool on a cooling rack until not to hot to touch.
- While cookies are cooling melt the chocolate in the microwave. Do this by microwaving it in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between. My chocolate bunny in pieces took a minute and a half.
- Dip one side of a cookie into the chocolate and lay back down on the parchment paper lined sheet you used to bake the cookies, then sprinkle a few pretzel pieces on top of the melted chocolate. Allow to cool for 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens, then enjoy!