Dare I say that these 5 ingredient tuxedo chip cookies made with cake mix might just be better than some homemade cookie recipes that I’ve tried?! They are so darn good. And also SO easy. In my book, that makes them all the more delicious.
I know, I know I have previously said that I’ve found the best chocolate chip cookie recipe (see my comments in this post), but I am amending that statement since these ones are silly simple, so if you’re looking for a super easy chocolate chip cookie recipe made with cake mix, this is the recipe for you!
Summer is here, and, during the summer, I feel like I am constantly looking for quick, easy treats to bring to one picnic or another. Well, I’m happy to say that, this summer, these cookies will be my go-to-recipe moving forward.
I’m sure many of you are even busier in the summer since the kids are home from school, so I promise you’ll appreciate the shortcut of using cake mix! Plus, it’s the best of both worlds right (cake and cupcakes)?!
A few quick steps and you will have your new favorite cookies ready to enjoy:
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil
- Add in chips
- Scoop onto lined baking sheet
- Bake and enjoy!
The secret to making these cookies better than ever is the high quality chocolate chips. My go-to brand brand is Ghirardelli. Using high quality chips makes all of the difference. With that being said, I am sure you can use what you have on hand and people will still devour these cookies at a party.
The next fun part is playing with all of the possibilities for toppings and tweaking. When these were done baking, I thought I’d have a little fun with the cookies. First, I added sea salt flakes to some and omg, YUM! Then I tried dipping a few halfway in melted chocolate – also amazing. Of course, you could always just use white chips or chocolate only if you have a preference of one over the other. The verdict is, there is no bad way to eat these cookies!
Other recipes you might:
- M&M’s Surprise Cookies
- Caramel Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chunk Cookies
5 Ingredient Tuxedo Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box yellow cake mix 15.25 oz.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips mixed white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl or a bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, eggs and oil.
- Stir until combined
- Add in chocolate chips and lightly combine
- Bake at 350 for 11 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack, then serve and enjoy