This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, we’ve got a lot going on! We are sharing a pretty big update on a change in our life and, of course, how the kids are helping along the way.
This past week was a big one.
My husband Nick and I celebrated a decade together, 8 years married!!
AND… as I am sending this email out, we are in the process of moving!!
If you can find a person who you can endure a house buying/selling and moving process with, I’d say you’ve found your person, lol.
It’s been A WEEK, so please keep us in your thoughts as we make this transition to a new home!
New on the blog:
I must first apologize that we mixed up links last week! This is the correct link for the turkey meatballs in a slow cooker. And remember, you can always head to sweetphi-com-staging.cqxzjju9-liquidwebsites.com to see any of the latest blog posts.
- 5 ingredient shortbread cookie ice cream sundae – my favorite shortcut dessert recipe
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – a recap of last week with the family
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot chicken alfredo – a recipe repost for you to enjoy
- BELTCH Breakfast Sandwich – a hearty breakfast sandwich with a special ingredient (the H!)
- What to cook in September – rounding up the best things to cook in-season this month
- Love List – my weekly list of things inspiring me around the web
- Peach Plum Blueberry Crumble Pie – a go-to dessert recipe for when fruits are about to go bad
What to make:
As we’re moving, our kitchen is packed up in boxes, so we’re not doing too much cooking this week! I’m all about simple sandwiches and no-cook snacks.
What I’m making:
- I made my ham and swiss with maple mustard mayo sandwiches three times this week (moving will do that to you). One time I tried it in a lettuce wrap instead of with bread, just nope, not as good, lol. The maple mustard mayo helped, but only so much.
- Grilled sweet potatoes. I’m telling you…if you make one grilled recipe of mine before the summer is done, please make these, they’re SO GOOD!
- I used whatever random veggies I had in the fridge to make egg cups – I made mini ones – perfect for the whole family.
- Also made a sourdough discard scallion pancake and had it with some of the egg cups. Delish!
- My in-laws dropped off dinner one night (such a treat to not have to worry about dinner!) and grandma included one of Ben’s favorites – white chocolate peanut grape bites.
Getting a solid breakfast in is the best way to start the day. This reader used my recipe for slow cooker breakfast casserole and made a few tweaks and created a dish everyone loved!
- “Great recipe! I used Ripple, not milk, plus used regular spinach, not baby spinach and regular pork sausages, not chicken. I baked it in a dutch oven at 190 overnight (about 7 1/2 hrs) for a breakfast potluck and it was a hit.”
A reader made my salted caramel chocolate chip cookies, but used white chocolate chips and they look oh-so-good!
Things I’m Loving
- It’s back to school season. What’s your favorite school supply? Mine is POST-ITS, particularly post-its with lines. I also play post-it “games” with the kids where I just let them stick post-it notes on the window. Ha.
- If you’re into Chrome extensions, there’s a new one called Munch. It’s a free Chrome extension that shows you a new recipe when you open a new tab and they show some SweetPhi recipes!
- I came across this Etsy store of sticky note supplies, and I WANT THEM ALL, especially these peach ones.
Item from Amazon you didn’t know you needed
- Affresh – dishwasher cleaner, they’re formulated to help remove odor, limescale, and mineral build-up that can be unsightly and/or could affect your dishwasher’s performance.
What I’m Reading
- I cannot recommend Untamed by Glennon Doyle enough. I was so moved by it. Also Adele said the book changed her life.
What I’m Watching
- We binged the show Lucifer on Netflix, I love that show!
- The kids “helped” with packing.
- Freddie found a backpack my friend (Hi Lynn – we still have the backpack, lol) got Ben. He loved it and so Nick put it on him. He just looks like such a little boy – gone is my baby who couldn’t even walk!
- I took Ben on an ‘adventure’ day where we went to a pick-your-own wildflowers place. It was so so nice. Plus, pretty flowers are just such a mood booster.
- Ben wanted to make pie, so we did! The recipe post is on the blog this week; it’s such a great way to use fruit that’s about to turn bad.
- Here are a few other moments from throughout the week.
- We celebrated our 8th anniversary and that means bronze was the gift (see the wedding anniversary gift story HERE, which includes gifts by year. We follow it to a tee, lol). <3
- Here is a picture of us in front of our new house! More next week!
Did you Know?
Popular this week:
- Most visited blog post: My post for freezer chocolate chip cookies was a fave this week!
- Most liked Instagram post: Our wedding anniversary post.
- Most pinned image: my spinach, feta, hummus wraps which is great for a healthy lunch
- Most viewed YouTube video: my video for eggless waffles are back on top this week
- Most purchased item: These glass meal prep containers that I use all the time.
One of my employees gave me the kindest compliment. She said I roll with the stresses and ever-changing things that come up and that it’s calming to be around. It made me tear up.
It’s nice to hear these type of things sometimes.
I was telling Nick, and he joked that I’m like a duck – calm on the surface, paddling underneath.
With everything going on, I’d love to know, what’s a nice compliment someone can give you? Just leave a comment below and let me know!