Well that was fast. I blinked, and it’s October.
If you’re a new parent (or expectant parent or caregiver-grandparent-etc.), I have to tell you about this Parenting Bundle. It’s a compilation of 80 ebooks/courses and included as a bonus is a one-year subscription to Other Goose — that’s what sold it for me! The whole bundle is only $79.99 until Oct. 6th.
The bundle is a compilation of online courses, classes, ebooks and learning resources on a specific topic at a crazy discount. Normally that bundle, if everything were to be purchased by itself, would be $4,000…so yeah, it’s a really good deal.
I purchased a photography bundle once, years ago, and really loved it. I was impressed, so I purchased the parenting bundle – I love learning and I’m definitely always on the lookout for fun things that help me as a parent.
I’ve already used several resources in the bundle!
New on the blog:
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – a family update from last week
- 5 ingredient curry shrimp and veggies recipe – a super quick, 5 ingredient dinner
- Maple syrup cake recipe – seriously tastes like a stack of delicious pancakes
- What to cook in October – the best list of fall cooking
- Love List – my weekly list of things I’m loving
- Almost no stir risotto – the constant stirring is the worst part, so I’ve found a way around it!
Theme of the week:
This week, I’m all about making easy fall dinners. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Slow cooker fire roasted tomato pot roast – warm, cozy and comforting
- Hot honey baked chicken sheet pan dinner – the heat of the hot honey is the perfect kick on a chilly fall night
- Steak tacos with cranberry salsa – Cranberry season is the best time to enjoy this amazing tacos
- Easy chili con carne – there is never a bad time for chili, but fall is the best!
- 5 ingredient pumpkin chili biscuit bake – full of fall flavors that I love
5 recipes to make this week:
- 5 Ingredient Broccoli Divine Recipe – a popular side dish among all of my family and friends, especially around the holidays
- Upside Down Apple and Pear Loaf Recipe – a great fall treat if you’re looking to bake a seasonally dish
- Thai Shrimp Cakes with Cucumber Salad – a nice light dinner or lunch
- 5 Ingredient Skillet Pizza Pot Pie – this was a huge hit with the kids so we’re making it again!
- Make Ahead Freezer Meals Quiche Recipe – anything I can make ahead is always a fave of mine
What I’m making:
- We picked a bunch of cookbooks this weekend to make recipes from. It was a fun way to get everyone involved. Here are the ones we used:
- Ben used his kid safe knives to help me chop tomatoes
- I made 5 ingredient mac and cheese for the kids – it’s such an easy stove top recipe and the kids all went nuts over it. Especially the twins, they each ate 3 servings!
- It was a long day and I came home and Nick made scrambled eggs and toast for dinner, it was lovely!
This reader made the cookies at Christmas, but anytime (especially in cranberry season) is a good time to make my recipe for chocolate chip cranberry cookies!
- “Made these for a Christmas cookie swap at church and everyone wanted the recipe. I followed all directions except I made them smaller due to the amount of people and I added walnuts which tasted awesome in my opinion. Great easy cookie recipe!”
It’s the perfect season to enjoy an iced maple latte. Or, maybe make it a warm one on a chilly fall day! Happy to see this reader recreation.
Things I’m Loving
Things I’m Loving
- My new 4-month wall calendar. I replaced my giant 12-month one and I just love it!!
Item from Amazon you didn’t know you needed
- Meat chopper – I use this thing to make tacos and anything that needs chopping.
What I’m Reading
- Just got One To Watch Ok, I finally finished this. I don’t know why this one seemed to take me forever to read. I’d give it a ⅘ stars, 1 flame.
- I’m now reading a chick lit one I think is supposed to be on the spicy/steamy side because it’s by Helena Hunting and she writes spicier books. Very cute always. It’s called Kiss My Cupcake.
What I’m Watching
- Still no time to watch anything new!
- I got this dresser for Ben because it was on super sale for $150 (it’s sold out now) and it came in a million pieces. One had to assemble each dresser drawer, everything. I was going to return it, but my amazing husband said it was past the point of no return after unpacking the insanely large box.
- Not only did he assemble it, but then Ben found his halloween costume from last year and wanted to wear it and made Nick dress up too.
- A wonderful friends’ mom got the twins and Ben the cutest shirts that said ‘sous chef’. Try as I might, over multiple times throughout the day, the kids would not smile or cooperate for a picture, lol.
- Instead of 6 bananas, I got 6 bunches in my grocery store pick up order. Oops lol, so Ben made banana ghosts.
- Freddie is learning to sit in a chair!!
- I saw this super cute fall activity on Insta – so I kinda winged it and printed out a picture of a squirrel and then Ben and I went outside and found some acorns to feed it and some leaves for its tail. But then…he insisted the squirrel had to be neon green and blue, good enough for me lol.
- Nick scared the you know what out of me. We were going to take a walk and he said he forgot something at home and that he was going to catch up. I’m walking with the boys and he comes jogging up to me (with no child) and says “do you know where Ben is?” “RIGHT THERE I said…where’s Frankie?” “I thought you took the twins…” My heart stopped! Then he told me his sister was going to watch the kids so we could unpack a box or two in the basement, lol. Nice surprise seeing aunty Nina pushing Frankie in the stroller a few seconds later, but man did I have a heart attack.
- Help me name the recipe: I love happy accidents. I created these super good bars for the kids. But I don’t know what to call them. They’re dessert bars/snack bars/made with whole wheat flour/healthyish/have dates in the center that I created into like a date jam so it’s sweet. Nick said the house smelled like a bakery, and he loved them too. They’re so so good…I just can’t decide what to call them! Leave a comment below and let me know or shoot me an email!
Did you Know?
If you love one of my recipes, you can find similar recipes at the bottom in the ‘related recipes’ section!
Popular this week:
- Most visited blog post: this easy slow cooker recipe for 5 ingredient healthy turkey meatballs.
- Most liked Instagram post: This picture of super tasty 5 Ingredient curry shrimp
- Most pinned image: a great gameday snack pin for beer brat and caramelized onion pizza
- Most viewed YouTube video: this video on one of my most favorite soups
- Most purchased item: This mop that is life-changing!
What do you love cooking in the fall? I’d love to hear, so just leave a comment below and let me know.