Looking for a super delicious and unique salad? Look no further than this spinach salad with soft boiled eggs, bacon, and a mustard vinaigrette.
A little redo is welcomed sometimes, isn’t it? That is what this recipe is, a little redo.
About two and a half years ago I posted a version of this salad on my blog. It had a really interesting little photo accompanying the post – interesting in the fact that I when I was searching for this salad originally I passed right over the recipe because I couldn’t tell it was a salad in the picture (lol – trust me, it was THAT bad). I have since deleted that post due to its lack luster status, but am bringing it back today, because it is truly a phenomenal salad, worthy of a redo!
When I was trying to figure out what to do with some bacon I had to use my husband reminded me of this salad. And since I’m all about soft boiled eggs on salads (see this salad with soft boiled eggs and homemade buttermilk ranch dressing) I knew they would be a perfect addition.
This salad is actually quite simple to put together – you just cook up the bacon (I actually just cook it in the microwave when I’m running short on time – which is always) the boil the eggs, and assemble the rest of the ingredients and dressing – all in all it takes about 15-20 minutes to make this salad!
For an added crunch I added some candied pecans from Trader Joes (regular pecans would go well too) – the sweet and savory notes play really well on this salad so that you’re left with a delicious spinach salad with soft boiled eggs, bacon, candied pecans and a mustard vinaigrette – YUM!
To accompany the salad I made the best ever cheesy garlic bread – it has a combination of cheeses and is topped with sunflower seeds – sooooo good, and together with this salad made for one incredible dinner!
Have you ever tried soft boiled eggs on salad? I’m obsessed!
Spinach salad with soft boiled eggs, bacon, and a mustard vinaigrettePrint Rate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup candied pecans
- 4-6 cups Baby Spinach
- For the dressing:
- 2 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp. dried thyme or 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, submerge eggs and let boil for 6 minutes, then remove from heat and shock the eggs by running them under cold water. Set them aside to cool, when cool enough to touch peel them carefully and cut into 4s.
- Cook bacon and crumble. I like to cook mine in the microwave because it goes so fast - to do so simply line a plate with 3-4 pieces of paper towel, lay bacon slices flat, then cover with 3 sheets of paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes, check on it, then continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until done (checking at each interval for doneness). Remove from microwave and crumble.
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- To assemble the salad put the spinach in a large bowl, then sprinkle bacon on, then the candied pecans, then place the eggs around the salad and pour dressing over it and enjoy!